11. juli 2009

Lær om color blocking!

Jeg husker da jeg begynte å scrappe i 2005, da snakket folk om color blocking...man kunne kjøpe egne maler, og så videre...så kom det nye teknikker og denne teknikken ble liksom litt glemt, det var jo så mye annet spennende å prøve ut!

Jeg rakk ikke å lage så mange Loene med denne teknikken, så når jeg nå skal lage en artikkel om color blocking måtte jeg få hjelp!

Jeg googlet og fant en dame med navn Jennifer Miller fra USA. Jeg sendte henne en mail, spurte om hun ville være vår gjest, og fortelle oss her oppe i forblåste nord litt om denne teknikken. Jeg fikk et raskt og hyggelig svar tilbake!


Her kan dere bli bedre kjent med Jen!



When I wrote this article about color blocking 6 years ago, I had no idea the topic would still be relevant today. As we all know, scrapbooking is a very trendy hobby. Over the years we have seen shabby chic to paper piecing and everything in between. While some scrapbookers stay true to their style, many like to evolve with the times and change with the trends. Personally, I am a fan of clean lines and that has not changed much in the 12+ years that I have enjoyed as a scrapbooker.

I find color blocking appealing because it incorporates classic design principles. When I create a layout, my primary focus is to emphasize the photos. I do not embellish much and I find my inspiration from the colors within my photos. When creating a layout, I am not limited to the type of paper I use. I like to use solid papers but I find that a fun pattern works just as well. The key is to let the paper do the work for you. Don't over-think and don't over-embellish.

In the layouts provided, I used a variety of photos and papers to show how I incorporate color blocking into my design. While my pages have more of a graphic feel, there are no steadfast rules. Just keep it simple. You can use your own design or you can use templates. While templates are not as popular as they used to be, they are still a useful tool to help speed up the process and to assist with paper and photo placement.

http://jenmiller.typepad.com

Hele artikkelen kan du lese her!




Travel Pros:
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Die Cut Font - QuicKutz Paige Classic
Die Cut - QuicKutz Airplane Icon
Font - Cambria
Date Stamp - Making Memories
Machine Stiching


The Force:
Digital Elements by Libby Weifenbach Designs
Paper - Do You Believe in Magic Collection
Border Embellishment - A Man Named Brady Collection
Font - Star Jedi (Title), Century Gothic (Journaling)


Love You:
Patterned Paper - SEI Paisley & Petals Collection
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics

Family:
Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye Front Porch Collection
Flowers - American Crafts Lucy Large
Brads - Queen & Co. Sprinkles Boy Crazy
Stickers - Chatterbox
Font - Arial Narrow

Da håper jeg dere har lært litt om color blocking, og at dere prøver å scrappe med denne teknikken!

LYKKE TIL!

-hvis noen synes det er vanskelig å lese engelsk kan dere oversette enkelt her!